- 2½ cup chicken, cooked, shredded
- 2 Tblsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Onion,chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Tblsp chili powder
- 16 Ounce salsa (choice of hotness)
- ½ Teaspoon cumin,ground
- ⅔ Teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt(if necessary)
- 6-10 inch flour tortillas, nice flexible ones; if stiff, warm before filling
- 1 cup refried beans
- Olive oil (for basting)
- Sour Cream Guacamole
- In large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in chili powder, salsa, cumin and cinnamon.
- Stir in shredded chicken.
- Let cool.
- Heat oven to 450.
- Grease rimmed 15 x 10 x 1 baking pan.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spoon a heaping tablespoon of beans down center of each tortilla.
- Top with a scant 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture.
- Fold up the bottom, top and sides of tortilla; secure with wooden toothpicks if necessary.
- Place chimichangas in greased baking pan, seam side down.
- Brush all sides with the oil.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning every 5 minutes.