- 10 Ounce Can sliced carrots; undrained
- 4 Ounce Can sliced mushrooms; undrained
- 14 Ounce Can chicken broth
- 2 ribs celery; cut 4-5 pieces
- 1 Tbls. Rubbed sage
- 12 Tbls. Poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbls. Chicken bouillon powder
- 3 Tbls. Bottled liquid margarine or melted butter or margarine
- 3 English muffins; cut into 1/2″ cubes with crumbs
- 8 Ounce Bag unseasoned croutons
- 1 Tablespoon Dry parsley; minced
- 2 Tablespoon Dry minced onion
- When you open the can of carrots, run the blade of a paring knife through them right in the can so that you’ve reduced them to tiny bits without mashing them.
- Empty it then into a Dutch oven.
- Add the mushrooms; set aside.
- Empty the can of broth into the blender and add the celery along with the sage, poultry seasoning, bouillon powder and margarine.
- Blend a few seconds on high speed, only until celery is finely minced.
- Meanwhile, add the English muffin cubes, (crumbs too), croutons, parsley and onion to the Dutch oven.
- Pour blender mixture over and stir to combine with rubber bowl scraper until completely moist.
- Cover with a lid and bake at 350* about 45 minutes to an hour or until piping hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers to use within a week. Freeze to use within 4 months.