- ½ cup (1 stick butter), softened
- ⅓ cup masa harina
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cups frozen corn, thawed
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the masa harina and water to the butter and beat until well combined.
- Put defrosted corn into a blender or food processor and with short pulses, coarsely chop the corn on low speed. (You want to leave several whole pieces of corn.)
- Stir the chopped corn into the butter and masa harina mixture.
- Add cornmeal to mixture and combine.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder.
- When the ingredients are well blended, pour the mixture into the other bowl and stir everything together BY HAND.
- Pour corn batter into an ungreased 8″x8″ baking pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Place this pan into a 13″x9″ pan filled 1/3 of the way up with hot water.
- Bake for 50−60 minutes or until the corn cake is cooked through.
- When the corn cake is done, remove the small pan from the larger pan and let sit for at least 10 minutes.