- 2 cups (500 mL) gluten-free quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) xanthan gum, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter (2 sticks), melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) Mrs. Richardson’s® Butterscotch Caramel Topping
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 6 oz (175 g) Nestlé® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly brush baking dish with vegetable oil. Combine oats, 1½ cups (375 mL) of the flour, brown sugar, ¾ tsp (4 mL) of the xanthan gum and baking soda in a small bowl. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) of the crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining crumb mixture on to the bottom of the dish. Bake 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine caramel topping, remaining ¼ cup (50 mL) flour and remaining ¼ tsp (1 mL) xanthan gum in the small bowl; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over crust; carefully spread to edges using a spatula.
- Add pecans and chocolate morsels to reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle evenly over caramel mixture. Bake 16-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges.
- Remove dish from oven to and place on a cooling Rack. Cool completely and cut into 24 bars.