- 1 pound dry fusilli pasta
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 12 oil−packed sun−dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 quart blanched broccoli florets, drained (bite−size pieces)
- 1¼ cups grated parmesan cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Cook pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large non−stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add salt and garlic.
- When the garlic just begins to brown, add thyme and sun−dried tomatoes.
- Toss and add broccoli.
- When broccoli is heated through, add drained pasta (if pan is not large enough, combine in a large mixing bowl while ingredients are hot).
- Add 1 cup parmesan cheese to all, sprinkling and stirring to mix.
- Serve in warm bowls with a fresh dusting of parmesan cheese.