- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cups butter
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. Nestle’s semi−sweet chocolate morsels
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- ½ cup nuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter; cut with pastry blender until crumbs are size of large peas.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, Nestle’s semi−sweet chocolate morsels.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly at room temperature (about 5 minutes).
- Add milk and egg to melted chocolate and mix well.
- Blend chocolate into flour mixture.
- Spread cherry pie filling in bottom of 2 quart casserole.
- Drop chocolate batter randomly over cherries.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 F for 40 − 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with heavy cream.