- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup oats (uncooked)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup Dark Brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 1½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Place the butter in a large bowl and cream lightly with an electric mixer.
- Add the sugars and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to the creamed butter mixture and stir well to blend.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts and stir to combine.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure or a 2−oz ice cream scoop, drop the batter on the cookie sheets, leaving 2 −3 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 13 − 15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove from the cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.