- 2 pounds jumbo lump crabmeat
- ½ pound fresh codfish fillet
- ½ – 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons basil, julienned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Olive oil for sauteing
- Pick through crabmeat, removing all shells but being careful not to break up the large lumps too much.
- In a food processor, grind codfish until pureed.
- Add ½ cup of heavy cream and puree until incorporated. Then add more cream if needed. The mixture should be smooth and shiny, yet firm enough to hold its shape.
- Place this mousse in a metal bowl and add the other ingredients, except for the olive oil.
- Take a small portion of the crab−cake mixture and saute in hot olive oil until golden brown.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Form the rest of the crab cakes and saute in hot olive oil until golden on both sides.
- Finish by baking in a 450−degree oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serves six to eight.