- 12 4 garnet yams
- 1 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 1/2 cup whipped butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake yams for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. When they are done, they will be very soft in the center, and you will see liquid from the potato oozing out and charring.
- When the potato is sliced open, the inside of the skin will be charred black from the caramelizing sugar in the potato. This is a perfectly cooked potato.
- To serve, slice a potato down the center. Add two tablespoons of whipped butter, then sprinkle some cinnamon/sugar over the top.