- 2 Eggplants; peel; slice 1/4″ circles
- Seasoned salt
- 1 pound jar meat−flavored Prego
- ¼ cup grape jelly
- 14 oz. can sliced−style stewed tomatoes
- ½ pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Moisten eggplant (milk) and coat lightly in flour.
- Quickly brown slices in hot oil, dusting each side generously with seasoned salt.
- When fork tender and golden brown transfer to a 9 X 13 X 2 pan.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375 F about 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- In medium bowl, combine sauce, jelly and tomatoes that have been broken up with a fork.
- Heat on medium until hot, but do not boil.
- Spread mozzarella cheese over eggplant, then add sauce.
- Top with parmesan cheese and return to oven for 5−10 minutes to melt mozzarella.
- Serve immediately.