- 1 pound block of mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cups Italian bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- Slice the block of cheese lengthwise into about 1/2 inch sections.
- Cut each section in half.
- Beat the eggs with water and set aside.
- Mix the bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, and basil and set aside.
- Blend the flour with corn starch and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil for deep frying to 350F.
- Dip cheese in flour then in egg wash and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place carefully in hot oil and fry until golden brown. (This should only take a matter of seconds, so you need to watch them closely)
- Drain on brown paper bags and serve with your favorite pasta sauce that has been warmed.