- 2 fresh artichokes
- 1 lemon, juice squeezed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 6-oz pack fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- Extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Boil artichokes in 3 quarts water with 1 tsp salt and lemon juice.
- Afterwards, allow the artichokes to cool. Then clean, peel, remove the center “choke” and slice the artichokes.
- Including prepared artichokes, mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except bread and extra virgin olive oil.
- Coat a large non-stick baking pan with pan spray; fill pan with mixture. Bake at 325ºF for about 25 minutes or until bubbling and center is hot.
- Drizzle both sides of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Grill bread on both sides.
- Sprinkle top of heated dip with parmesan cheese. Serve hot with grilled bread.