Thai Shrimp Pasta
- 1/2 cup Thai sauce (see recipe)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (16 to 20 or 26 to 30 count)
- 1 cup julienne-cut vegetables (celery, carrots, bell pepper and/or onion)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro (divided)
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts (divided)
- 10 ounces linguine pasta (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion to garnish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot and spicy oil (chili oil can be substituted)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped ginger root
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter
Directions For Making Thai Sauce
- Place all ingredients except crushed red pepper in blender and blend well.
- Place in storage container.
- Mix in crushed pepper.
- Use 1/2 cup or more to make Thai Shrimp Pasta, and refrigerate remaining sauce. Sauce keeps 4 to 5 days.
Directions For Making Thai Shrimp Pasta
- Prepare Thai sauce and set aside.
- Place butter and garlic in clean, heated saute pan. Cook 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, cook 3 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly.
- Add additional butter if pan becomes too dry.
- Add cut vegetables, half of the cilantro and half of the peanuts.
- Add 1/2 cup Thai sauce (or more to taste) and mix.
- Add shrimp/vegetable mixture to pasta, tossing well to coat.
- Remove shrimp from mixture. Divide pasta with vegetables and sauce between 2 serving bowls.
- Place reserved shrimp, tails up, around rims of bowls, facing toward middle.
- Garnish center of each bowl with the onions, remaining peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!