- 4 medium sea scallops
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/4 pound melted butter
- 1 tablespoon warm bottled clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pinch of ground pepper
- 4 toothpicks
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Boil 2 to 3 cups of water in a small pan over high heat. Salt the water.
- Boil the scallops in the water for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they are firm up. Drain the scallops when they are done.
- Cook the bacon slices for a couple of minutes per side. Don’t cook until crispy. This will ensure that you will be able to fold the bacon around the scallops.
- When the scallops are cool enough to touch, cut or tear a piece of partially cooked bacon in half and wrap one half over the top of the scallop so that it meets itself underneath. Put a toothpick through the bacon to stick it in place.
- Repeat this with the remaining scallops.
- Put the scallops on their side in an oven-safe dish and brush with melted butter.
- Lightly season the scallops with salt, paprika and a pinch of ground pepper.
- Broil the scallops for 5 to 6 minutes or just until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove the scallops from the oven and add warm clam juice to the bottom of the baking dish.
- You may serve in the same dish.