- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, approximately 35−40
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound crab claw meat
- 2 cups of oyster crackers crushed
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 white cheddar cheese, slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute celery, onion, and pepper in butter for 2 minutes, transfer to a plate and cool in the refrigerator.
- While vegetables cool, wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Set caps to the side and finely chop half of the stems. Discard the other half of the stems or use elsewhere.
- Combine the sauteed vegetables, chopped mushroom stems, and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps in individual buttered casseroles or baking dishes (about 6 caps each).
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of stuffing into each mushroom.
- Cover with sliced cheese.
- Bake in oven for 12−15 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.