- 1 5.5-ounce ground beef patty
- 1/4 teaspoon (approx.) Red Robin Seasoning
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 1 sesame seed hamburger bun
- 4 to 6 bottled jalapeno slices (nacho slices)
- 2 tablespoons fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- 1/3 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (with liquid)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Make the chipotle mayo spread by combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill until you are ready to use it.
- Preheat barbecue or indoor grill to medium heat.
- Since the ground beef will shrink as it cooks, shape it into a round patty that is slightly larger than the sesame seed bun. Sprinkle some Red Robin Seasoning clone over both sides of the patty. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until the patty is cooked the way you like it. About 1 minute before the burger is done, place a couple slices of pepper Jack cheese on top of the patty to melt.
- As the hamburger is grilling toast the face of the top and bottom sesame seed bun on an indoor griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Build your burger by first spreading approximately 2 teaspoons of the chipotle mayo on each of the toasted faces of the top and bottom bun.
- Stack the hamburger patty on the bottom bun.
- Stack 4 to 6 jalapeno slices on the patty.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of salsa or pico de gallo over the jalapeno slices.
- Add about 1/3 cup of shredded lettuce on next, then finish the burger off with the top bun.
Makes 1 burger.