- 1 (9−inch) frozen deep−dish apple pie (double crust or old−fashioned)
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Allspice
- ¼ tsp. Ground Clove
- 1½ tsp. Lemon Juice
- ¾ Cup flour
- ½ Cup sugar
- 10 Tbsp. frozen butter
- 1⅓ Cups chopped walnuts
- Ice cream (optional)
- Let pie thaw at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt the stick of butter over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, allspice, cloves and lemon juice.
- Stir until well blended and sugar is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Make an X in the center of the top crust of the pie and fold back the crust.
- Pour the butter mixture evenly into the pie and then replace the crust.
- Leave 4 vent holes, sealing the rest of the pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Grate frozen butter into a medium−sized bowl.
- Toss the grated butter with flour, remaining sugars, remaining cinnamon and walnuts.
- Carefully wrap an aluminum foil band around the edge of the pie, creating a lip to hold topping.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over pie.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips for dipping.