- 3 to 4 medium russet potatoes (peeled)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large clove garlic (pressed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch slices, then quarter each of those slices.
- Beat together the cream, milk, flour, garlic, salt and pepper by hand just until well combined.
- Coat the inside of a large baking dish with the softened butter.
- Arrange one-fourth of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Pour some of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Repeat this layering step three more times.
- Cover the potatoes and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 40 minutes or until the potatoes are starting to brown on top.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the potatoes and continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top and serve.
Note: Make sure to use a casserole dish that has a lid for the first stage of baking.