- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup double-strength coffee
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups ice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the shredded coconut on a baking sheet and toast the coconut in the oven. Stir the coconut around every 10 minutes or so for even browning. After 25 to 30 minutes, the shredded coconut should be light brown. Cool it off.
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffeemaker. That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee. Chill before using.
- To make the drinks, combine the cold coffee, milk, cup of the toasted coconut, the chocolate syrup, and sugar in a blender. Blend for 15 to 20 seconds to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the ice and blend until the ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.
- Pour into two 16-ounce glasses.
- Garnish each drink with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate, and a pinch of some of the remaining toasted coconut.
- Add a straw to each one.
MAKES 2 GRANDE-SIZE DRINKS (16 OUNCES EACH).